EPF is glad to let you know that The Summer Training Course for Young Patient Advocates (STYPA) is back for another edition in 2022.
Deadline for applications is 15 April 2022 EOB. Please share it widely with the young patients in your community (18-30 years old and based in Europe).
Apply now here!
Who is it for?
Applicants must be:
- Young Patient with a chronic and/or lifelong illness/condition who is not affiliated with a patient organisation,
- Young Patient with a chronic and/or lifelong illness/condition who is affiliated with a patient organisation,
- Young Employee or volunteer of a patient organisation,
- 18 – 30 years of age at the time of applying,
- Living in Europe.
*Please, note that only 40 participants will be accepted to attend STYPA 2022.
What’s the topic?
The topic this year is the sexual health and well-being of young people with chronic conditions. Some of the focus topics include:
- What is the best way to talk to your healthcare provider, partner, or potential partners about your sexual health in regard to your chronic condition?
- Familiarizing participants with the importance of body positivity and self-image,
- Enhancing the confidence of the young patients to change taboos and misperceptions about young people with chronic conditions and sex.
When and where?
- Introduction webinar - June 2022,
- The face-to-face meeting of STYPA will be held on 14,15,16 and 17 July 2022, in Strasbourg, France,
- Follow up workshop webinars - September and October 2022,
- Closing webinar - November 2022.
How can you spread the word?
- Share on your social media channels,
- Send an email to your members,
- Send this email to the young patients in your community.
*Please, note that EPF will cover travel and accommodation for all accepted participants in the course.
**The course could potentially be moved fully online, should it be required, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
You can find more information here.
Should you have any questions, comments or concerns, feel free to contact EPF Secretariat member Borislava Ananieva at email@example.com.